Players 9U - 10U
We focus on enjoyment, learning the spirit of the game, and helping players build a technical foundation. Our training sessions emphasize individual on-field chances and how players can be contributors to the team objectives and Meta style of play. Along the way, a player's soccer IQ will skyrocket as they start to absorb all that makes the game beautiful and intricate.
Meta players 9U and 10U participate in Utah Youth Soccer Association's (UYSA) X-League.
Summer: Start training by mid-June, after tryouts, typically 2 times a week outdoor with some breaks around holidays.
Fall: 2 times a week outdoor, late August to mid-October
- Our off season is November - December, where we offer optional multisport training and games in basketball and volleyball. We strongly believe that developing athletically means having a broad base of coordination and movement skill (plus it's fun to learn new stuff!) Learn more about our multisport opportunities and philosophy.
- January - February are used for indoor prep time for the spring season. During these months we train 2 times a week.
Spring: 2 times a week outdoor, mid-March through mid-May.
Optional Trainings: In the Fall and Spring, we offer once a week optional Technical & Movement and Goalkeeper trainings. These trainings are per age group, and give coaches of different teams a chance to teach, coach and develop relationships with all of the players in a specific age group or ability level.
Where/When are Trainings?
- Davis County teams train in Bountiful, Centerville, and Farmington.
- SLC Metro teams train at 11th Avenue Park or Bryant Intermediate School.
- Training times/days: decided by the team coach with input from parents/players.
- Winter indoor training & multisport opportunities take place at the Utah Athletic Center in North Salt Lake.
Fall & Spring: The UYSA X-League is a small-sided format of 7v7 with 1 game per week. Teams typically self-align, or choose what division they will play in (less competitive to more), where minimal emphasis is placed on winning or losing.
The Fall season begins in late August or early September, running through mid-October.
Mid-March marks the start of the Spring season that will run through mid-May.
Home game fields for Meta teams in Davis County are at Legacy Events Center and at 11th Avenue Park for SLC Metro teams.
* Some teams also opt to play a futsal league during the winter months. Player participation is optional.
9U - 10U teams may attend one to two local tournaments during the summer and one in January/February in southern Utah. This is up to the coach's discretion. Costs for in-town tournaments are typically $50-$70 per player.
We emphasize the importance of each player's role on a team and we want Meta to be the best place to get a consistent soccer education! If some players and parents aren't ready to commit to trainings and game play, we can't build a great team and that's just not fair for the players and parents who did sign up to give it their all.
- Fall and Spring, at least 85% attendance at trainings and games.
- Winter and Summer, at least 75% attendance at trainings and games. Many Meta kids play other sports during the winter and we want to support that effort.
COSTS for 2018-19
The costs to participate in Meta's 9U and 10U program are comparable to or less than other clubs in Utah. We offer a great value and quality compared to other sports, especially those that cost twice as much with less training and instruction time.