16U - 18U Girls
Our goal here is developing a player's character, preparation, sportsmanship, and learning more advanced technical and positional play. We continue to teach players how to be contributors to the team objectives and emphasize Meta style of play.
Meta 16U - 18U Girls participate in Utah Youth Soccer Association's (UYSA) Competition League, which is played in the Spring. Many players participate on their high school team and that season takes place in the Fall. A 16U - 18U+ Girls commitment to MetaSport is for 9 months (June-July and November-May).
Summer: June-July, after tryouts, typically 2-3 times a week outdoor with some breaks around holidays.
Fall: No trainings, unless we have enough players not participating in high school play who will have an option to play on a provisional team.
- Our off season is November - December, where we place an emphasis on this age groups through performance training, defined by speed and agility, strength and conditioning and injury risk reduction. Opt-in sessions are offered during this time period.
- January - February indoor - are used for prep time for their High School spring season. During these months we train 2-3 times a week.
Spring: 2-3 times a week outdoor, mid-March to mid-May
Optional Trainings: In the Fall, we offer once a week optional Technical & Movement and Goalkeeper trainings. These trainings are per age group, and give coaches of different teams a chance to teach, coach and develop relationships with all of the players in a specific age group or ability level. With 16U - 18U, we place more emphasis on High School Soccer programs with skill development, speed, agility, strength and injury risk reduction.
Where/When are Trainings?
- Davis County teams train in Bountiful, Centerville, and Farmington.
- SLC Metro teams train at 11th Avenue Park or Bryant Intermediate School.
- Training times/days: decided by the team coach with input from parents/players.
- Winter indoor training & multisport opportunities take place at the Utah Athletic Center in North Salt Lake.
Spring: The UYSA Competition League is 11v11 with 1 game per week. Teams are aligned in a division based on their performance, or win/loss record.
The Spring season begins in mid-March running through mid-May. Players not participating in Fall high school play may have an option to play on a provisional team.
Home game fields for Meta teams in Davis County are at Legacy Events Center and at 11th Avenue Park for SLC Metro teams.
* Some teams also opt to play a futsal league during the winter months. Player participation is optional.
16U - 18U Girls teams may attend one to two local tournaments during the summer and one to two in January/February in southern Utah. Sometimes a team will attend an out-of-state tournament as well. This is up to the coach's discretion. Costs for in-town tournaments are typically $30-$50 per player.
The Annual MetaSport Summer Retreat is recommended for players 11U and up and is a cool getaway with teammates to play tons of soccer, learn about nutrition, mindset, athletic movement, speed, agility and team building. Breath, eat, sleep soccer for 4 days, 3 nights. The overnight camp is held at a local college campus in July.
We emphasize the importance of each player's role on a team and we want Meta to be the best place to get a consistent soccer education! If some players and parents aren't ready to commit to trainings and game play, we can't build a great team and that's just not fair for the players and parents who did sign up to give it their all.
- Spring, at least 85% attendance at trainings and games.
- Winter and Summer, at least 75% attendance at trainings and games. Many Meta kids play other sports during the winter and we want to support that effort.
COSTS FOR 2018-19
The costs to participate in Meta's 16U - 18U program are comparable to or less than other clubs in Utah. We offer a great value and quality compared to other sports, especially those that cost twice as much with less training and instruction time.