Players 13U - 15U
This age group is a great transition time for players who continue to love and enjoy the game. Our goal here is developing a player's character, preparation, sportsmanship, and learning more advanced technical and positional play. We continue to teach players how to be contributors to the team objectives and emphasize Meta style of play.
Meta players 13U, 14U and 15U participate in Utah Youth Soccer Association's (UYSA) Competition League.
Summer: Start training by mid-June, after tryouts, typically 2 times a week outdoor with some breaks around holidays.
Fall: 2-3 times a week outdoor, late August to mid-October
- Our off season is November - December, where we offer optional multisport training and games in basketball and volleyball. We strongly believe that developing athletically means having a broad base of coordination and movement skill. We also provide the opportunity to participate in speed and agility and strength training sessions.
- January - February are used for indoor prep time for the spring season. During these months we train 2-3 times a week.
Spring: 2-3 times a week outdoor, mid-March through mid-May.
Optional Trainings: In the Fall and Spring, we offer once a week optional Technical & Movement and Goalkeeper trainings. These trainings are per age group, and give coaches of different teams a chance to teach, coach and develop relationships with all of the players in a specific age group or ability level. With 13U - 15U, we place more emphasis on High School Soccer Preparation with skill development, speed, agility, strength and injury risk reduction
Where/When are Trainings?
- Davis County teams train in Bountiful, Centerville, and Farmington.
- SLC Metro teams train at 11th Avenue Park or Bryant Intermediate School.
- Training times/days: decided by the team coach with input from parents/players.
- Winter indoor training & multisport opportunities take place at the Utah Athletic Center in North Salt Lake.
Fall & Spring: The UYSA Competition League is 11v11 with 1 game per week. Teams are aligned in a division based on their performance, or win/loss record.
The Fall season begins in late August or early September, running through mid-October.
Mid-March marks the start of the Spring season that will run through mid-May.
Home game fields for Meta teams in Davis County are at Legacy Events Center and at 11th Avenue Park for SLC Metro teams.
* Some teams also opt to play a futsal league during the winter months. Player participation is optional.
13U - 15U teams may attend one to two local tournaments during the summer and one to two in January/February in southern Utah. Sometimes a team will attend an out-of-state tournament as well. This is up to the coach's discretion. Costs for in-town tournaments are typically $30-$60 per player.
The Annual MetaSport Summer Retreat is optional for players 11U and up is a cool getaway with teammates to play tons of soccer, learn about nutrition, mindset, athletic movement, speed, agility and team building. Breath, eat, sleep soccer for 4 days, 3 nights. The overnight camp is held at a local college campus in July.
We emphasize the importance of each player's role on a team and we want Meta to be the best place to get a consistent soccer education! If some players and parents aren't ready to commit to trainings and game play, we can't build a great team and that's just not fair for the players and parents who did sign up to give it their all.
- Fall and Spring, at least 85% attendance at trainings and games.
- Winter and Summer, at least 75% attendance at trainings and games. Many Meta kids play other sports during the winter and we want to support that effort.
COSTS FOR 2018-19
The costs to participate in Meta's 13U- 15U program are comparable to or less than other clubs in Utah. We offer a great value and quality compared to other sports, especially those that cost twice as much with less training and instruction time.